Friday, April 2, 2010

Hoppy Easter!

Today it is time to show you my Easter cards! I made two styles, one cutesy, and one inspirational. I will be showing you the cutesy one today. Come back tomorrow to see my inspirational card. I have 15 cards to show you! Well. it is actually the same card but they appear different because of the different colors of cardstock, the different pattern papers, and the flower embellishments. All papers were from one collection from We R Memory Keepers. This company often has one side of their scrapbook paper divided into a quadrant with four different patterns on one paper. I love them, not only because you get multiple patterns, but because the designs are smaller patterns. making them ideal for cardmaking. Since all their papers coordinate, I picked out 5 colors of cardstock to match. I made 3 cards with each color of cardstock. Let me show the main card first so I can go over my how-to.


Each card took quite a number of steps to complete. Let me talk about the main bunny image. After, stamping the image, I left the die cut in place while sponging the background. I used chalks to highlight the ears, cheeks, and stomach. I stamped the bunny again on the proper color cardstock for the bow, which got cut out, and then dotted with a white pen. I also added the cracked egg hat. Then, I punched out the "Hoppy Easter" and trimmed it so it would fit in the bottom half of the cracked egg. Of course, ribbon was also added to tag. Next photo shows the closeup.

Here is the recipe for all 15 cards -


Paper - We R Memory Keepers Hippity Hoppity Collection, Cardstock 5 colors
Stamps - Darcie's Hop, Skip, Jump Set, Tiny Grass Image from Art Impressions
Ink - Versafine Black, Pebbles Chalk, Distress Ink Broken China, and Crushed Olive, Ranger White Pen
Die Cuts - Nestibilities Oval, and Petite Oval Scallop, McGill Hand Punch (hole in tag)
Other - Decorative Scissors, Stampin' Up Tag Punch, Ribbon by Creative Impressions, Baubles by Stamping Bella, Flowers by Prima

Now here are the other 14 cards ... enjoy!















See you tomorrow. Happy Stamping!
Tina


2 comments:

terry said...

Oh, my Gosh! Those are the CUTEST!!! I love the 3D detaling...especially the cracked egg hat! You're the bestest, Tina!
(I noticed u snuck a few baubles in there...lol.)

terry said...

oops! Forgot to mention the pocket and tag! You KNOW I love a little pocket action on a card or in a journal! I Love how U incorporated the cute tag right there on the front next to the focal! Adorable...okay...now I'm finished...lol!

 
design by suckmylolly.com