Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy Day!

It is a happy day when I get to stamp! I am glad to get back to creating and sharing with you. Let me get right to my card and then I will fill you in what has happened since my last post. First day back in my room, I just couldn't decide what to make. I sat and stared at my book of layouts for a couple of hours and then decided maybe I should go with one of this week's sketch challenges to give me a jump start. I went directly to Jen's blog to see her sketch because I know she posts a new one every week. Here is my card and following is her sketch...



At first, I wasn't quite sure about it but eventually it all came together! And I love it. It's very, very different layout than other cards I have made. Did you notice the paper piercing in the two corners on the white panel. I have only done this paper piercing once before so I am pretty much a "novice in training". I thought the panel needed something, and I was right. In this instance, it really added interest to my panel. I made the card into a birthday card and it has already been sent off to a friend!

Recipe:

Paper - Basic Grey Green At Heart Line, Cardstock Yellow Gold, Hot Pink
Stamps - Flowers by Penny Black, Happy Day by Studio G $1 clear stamps
Ink - Tombow Markers (colored directly onto stamp and then spritzed with water before stamping on paper), Versafine Ink Green
Dies/Punches - Martha Stewart Floral Band Punch, Nestibilites Circle and Dahlia
Other - Stampin' Up Punch Tool Set, Tim Holtz Needle Punch, Rhinestones by Hero Arts

Happy Stamping!
Tina

P.S. I almost forget to tell you about the week since I last posted. Warning ... the following is a cross between a bitch session and venting, so read at your own will! I spent 3 solid days sorting, pricing all my ex-Imprints inventory as well as all kind of miscellaneous from the house. On Thursday, the day before the sale was to start, Donna & I spent all day laying everything out on tables in the driveway. We covered everything with plastic just as a precaution. There was no rain in the forecast for that night...once again they were wrong! We woke up to rain and because it was windy and the plastic blew, some things got wet. So, Friday we spent the morning in a panic trying to move tables into my garage where we only had half available to us because of my husband's "66 Chevy. (Don't get me started on that one!) Anyway, it was crowded, stuff was on top of other stuff unlike the way we had it layed out the day before, when it wasn't raining! We probably had 10 customers all day. We closed up shop and looked forward to Saturday! We did not know then that Saturday there would be no garage sale because at 1:30 a.m. Saturday morning, a huge storm with 70 mph straight line winds was going to happen giving us lots of down tree damage that my husband and I would spend the entire day gathering, cutting, hauling off, etc. On Sunday, not only did we have more to do outside but I (and that is a big I) also had to repack every item that I had hoped to sell in the garage sale and put it back in the shed, or take it to goodwill. That was just about one of the worse weeks! And I gave up stamping to have a garage sale?? It is true that other homes were in much worse shape than ours, so it could have been even worse. But, it still doesn't change the facts of the week! Thanks for listening and letting me vent!

I am off to stamp so I will have another creation for you for tomorrow!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com