Tuesday, March 29, 2011

God is Good!

Hello!  My card today is the last sketch of March's Viva laVerve challenge cards.  When I saw this sketch I thought oh, good, a simple one.  But ... as things go, as you know, nothing is simple!  First, I didn't know what stamps I wanted to use, and then what papers I wanted to go with.  I decided I was determined to use the Hattie 6 x 6 pad of papers.  You see this is another one of those My Minds Eye pads.  I have used the other three pads multiple times, but I have yet to use this one.  They are just not colors that I usually use, as they are dark blues, golds, and browns.  But, you will see they are no less beautiful.  As my idea came together, I needed a butterfly and decided on one of the Maja Road chipboard ones I got last year.  I looked in every crook and cranny (whatever that means!) in my room, and could not find them, so ... on to plan B, I ended up using a Stampin' Up die for my butterfly.  I know you are thinking ... why aren't I using a butterfly stamp?  You see, since it is a Verve challenge, I was trying to keep most of the stamps Verve.  It is not necessarily required, but it is just what I try to do.  Let me get to my card ... and then the sketch!  Enjoy!



One of my favorite Verve sets, is a little set of 6 small sentiments.  I have used a couple of the sayings on previous projects, and I was thinking about using one on this card.  The two sentiments, "All things are possible" and "God is good"  just seem to go together.  I thought a butterfly would be the perfect image to add, plus it allowed me to use this darling little butterfly embellishment!  Do you see on the sketch how it shows a little pinking border?  I have to say that is what clinched me into using the Hattie pad, when I saw I could create this same effect with the argyle paper for the bottom panel.  I really love the finished card.  Don't you?  And the sketch is one that I can see turning to again and again! 

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Stella & Rose Hattie 6 x 6 paper pad, Cardstock Teal
Stamps - Verve Joy for the Journey set
Ink - Versafine Smokey Grey and Vintage Black
Tools - Classic Scalloped Circle and Classic Circle Nestibilities, Sizzix Embosslits Beautiful Wings die
Other - Butterfly Charm by Bo Bunny, Natural linen thread by TCP, Rhinestones by Hero Arts

Happy Stamping!
Tina 

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com