Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Happy Hello!

Hello!  O.k. I just realized even though I have completed cards ready to show you, I never thought about doing a blog post for Monday.  That is o.k, as I'll give you posts on Tuesday thru Saturday this week instead!  Last week, the granddaughter, Jordan, who is 11, came to stay during her Spring break.  Each day as we drove away from the house, we would go by a creek with a couple of tree branches with many turtles on each.  She always wanted to make sure she was sitting on the side of the car so she could see them.  One day, she talked me into taking a walk to go see the turtles.  I took a picture which I will  show you  later in the post.  I made today's card in celebration of  "the turtles"!  And, I am sending this card to Jordan.  The card is bright and cheery.  I know it will make you smile!  Enjoy!
   

See those flowers across the bottom portion of the card?  Those are actually stickers.  I love the addition of them to my card.  I put one of the dot sparklers stickers in each of the centers for some bling?   Whatcha think?  Too cute?

Here is my pic I took of the turtles in the creek ...


Recipe:

Paper - Echo Park Sweet Summertime Collection (flowers are on a sticker sheet in this collection), Cardstock White, Lime Green
Stamps - Turtle by Our Craft Lounge - cling set called "The Pond", Branch by Woodware - clear set called Owl Greetings, A Happy Hello by Stampin' Up
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Labels 9 Nestibilities, The Cat's Pajamas Flower Buttons Die, McGill Tags Punch
Other - Stampendous Dot Sparkler stickers, Linen Thread by The Cat's Pajamas,  Rhinestones by Unknown

Before I go, I have an announcement to make ... I have decided to teach a card class at The Crafty Scrapper, which is one of the scrapbook stores that I frequent.  They have asked me several times and several times I have said no.  But ... I got to thinking that more money would allow me to buy more supplies, which I seem to always want more of!!   So, this time I said yes!  Their scrapbook customers have said they really like my card style. Hopefully, some will sign up!   You can see the details
here.  Just scroll down until you find my class on April 9th. 

I'
ll be back tomorrow with another card creation for you.  See you then.
Happy Stamping!
Tina 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to give your granddaughter a memory jogger of the times she saw the turtles in the creek!

Cathy G.

 
design by suckmylolly.com