Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Patchwork Cowboy!

Hello!  Did you think I forgot today is the 3rd Tuesday of the month, making it a Texas Tues-Step Day?  Well, I almost did!  I made a few cards over the weekend and had one set to post for today, and then I realized "oops", I need a Texas card for Tuesday!  My card for today came together very easily.  I recently purchased some scrapbook paper that I could see for a western card.  Not that you could tell from what they called the paper ... "Dino Patch" ... yes, as in dinosaurs!  You see, the whole 12 x 12 was divided up into various patterned squares.  Yes, some did have dinosaurs, but I didn't use those!  Now that I have your attention and I have made you curious, I guess I should show you my card.  Here it is.  Enjoy!



I used a scallop punch to make the squares, which I haven't used in forever!  Of course, that reminds me of a story of when I still had my store.  Marvy and McGill had punches that created these scalloped shapes, and I carried them all in my store.  At this time, Spellbinders nestibilities dies were just being introduced.  One day a customer came in and wanted to return the punches she had bought, because now she has the new nestiblities dies and she didn't think she would use both.  I talked her into keeping the punches, thinking that the nestibilities would never replace our punches and we would still use them everyday.  Boy, was I wrong.  I rarely use my punches, but I did today!   And I like how it came out, don't you?

Recipe:

Paper - Three Bugs in a Rug Dawson Line called Dino Patch, Cardstock Kraft, Blue, Cork
Stamps - Barbed Wire Border, Cowboy, Texas by Deadbeat Designs, Heart by Hero Arts
Ink - Marvy Matchable Dark Blue, Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - McGill Scalloped Square Punch, Classic Circle Nestibilities
Other - Blue Twine from Stampin' Up (I think ...found in my stash), Button, Ribbon

As far as I know The Texas Tues-Step team members that are participating this week are  Jennifer, Betty, Danielle, Karen, and Mark.  Look for their links on the right side of my blog.  And don't forget to leave them comments.  We all love comments from you!

I can't wait for you to see the card I have to share for you tomorrow.  So, make sure you stop back by!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

4 comments:

mark said...

the scalloped squares almost look sewn! nice idea - love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Hey! You CAN use the dinosaur paper for a Texas Tues-Step card. Just think about Glen Rose!!!! Come on, I know you can do it. I already have an idea on how you can do it. If I can come up with an idea, I know you can come up with ten.

Cathy G.

Jennifer Moore said...

Nice card Tina. I like the barb wire border. And I have that same punch. I might have to try your layout.

ellepaulette said...

What a fantastic card!! Love it!

 
design by suckmylolly.com