Friday, March 4, 2011

It's A Girl!

Hello!  Today I have a really sweet baby card that I recently made and sent to share with you.  I rarely have a need to make a baby card, but when I do, I always think the perfect stamp is this little giraffe that is in one of my Hero Arts clear sets.  Let me show you my card ... enjoy!   



I guess I should have called this post "pretty in pink"!  Because it really is!  I do want to share one tip with you. The sentiment actual stamp read horizontally.  I tried to make it work, but I could see if it was vertical, I could add it to a circle die, keeping with the circles theme.  So ... I pulled it off the wood block, cut the words apart, and placed it back on the block and stamped it vertically!  Perfect!  It actually had enough adhesive so that it easily restuck, but if it hadn't, you can always use some rubber cement to adhere your rubber back to the wood block.  Don't be afraid to change your stamps and make them work for you.

Recipe:

Paper - Pink Dot by Bo Bunny, Congratulations by unknown, Cardstock White, Pink
Stamps - Hero Arts
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Classic Scalloped Circle, Classic Circle Nestibilities
Other - Ribbon by Stampin' Up, Button by O' Scrap, Rhinestones by Kaiser, Linen Thread by TCP

If you missed my post from yesterday about the Verve Fan blog hop, be sure to scroll down to see all the details.  You still have time to leave comments on the participant's posts (like mine), so that you might be the lucky commentor to win a gift certificates to Verve.  You just never know! 

That is it for me for this week!  Have a great weekend!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

2 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

this is darling, I luv the pink and the cute giraffe...have a super week!

enjoy *~*

Sue Lelli said...

Tina, your giraffe baby card is so CUTE! Super tip about changing your sentiment to fit the circle!

 
design by suckmylolly.com