Monday, March 28, 2011

Just Because!

Hello!  A couple of weeks ago, I saw a card and a how-to on Splitcoast Stampers to create a trellis.  You can see it here.  In that post, you will find the link to the card I saw.  Anyway, I thought it was something I must try!  I pretty much created my lattice opening with their instructions by using a labels die and strips of paper behind.  Their instructions said to cut strips into 1/8" wide, but I believe mine are more like 1/4".  They had done theirs in white, so I never thought about maybe I should think about what color I wanted, I just did it.  Then, after I got my lattice panel done, and was trying to decide what paper I wanted behind the lattice, I realized the white maybe wasn't the best option.  The white was very stark for a lot of my floral paper options.  I finally decided the one I liked the best was another sheet from one of the My Minds Eye pads which I have been using like crazy.  I added a bold butterfly stamp, some embellishments and it was done. Here it is ... enjoy!


You know maybe, I would have liked the other floral papers peeking through more if I would have made my strips slimmer and maybe less of them.  The way it is, as I layed the panel over my floral papers, larger flowers just seemed to get lost.  These are definite ideas to try next time.  I do want to say though, the end result for this card, I like. What do you think? 

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Stella & Rose Hazel 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock Black, White
Stamps - Butterfly by Inkadinkado Garden Delight Set, Just Because by Endless Creations
Ink - Versamark, Judi Kins Detail Black Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Versafine Black
Tools - Labels 4 Nestibilities, Cuttlebug Polka Dots embossing folder, EK Success Corner Punch
Other - Button, Ribbon by May Arts, Linen Thread by TCP, White Pearls by Hero Arts, Black Pearls by Kaiser

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com