Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy 175th Birthday Texas!

Howdy Y'all!  We are Tues-Steppin' today!  For this Texas Tues-Step, several of the team have taken the offered challenge to create something for Texas Independence Day which is actually tomorrow!  So, in my post today, you will not only get what I created, but a little Texas history lesson too! After I did a little research, I realized I had actual photos that I should add to my creation. Last summer on our trip with family down to Corpus, Gary & I stopped on our way back to Washington-On-The-Brazos historical site and park.  So, I found the camera they were in, uploaded them and printed them.  So, my idea was 3 panels but thinking about how to create a book with only three panels wasn't working so well.  So, I was trying to figure out what I could put on 2 additional panels I thought I would need to create this book, when a friend called.  She had recently been at a craft store in Irving (Googly Eyes) where they happen to sell Deadbeat Designs stamps.  She saw a sample with three panels, a tri-fold, actually made by Mark. (Owner and on this Texas team).  So, I was off and running with my new idea!  Thanks to Eileen and Mark!  I finished all the panels last night but the front panel had so much Stickles on it, I had to wait until today for it to dry to take photos.  Love the finished creation.  I hope you will too!  Enjoy! 

All 3 Panels


Front Panel

Middle Panel

Last Panel with History Lesson


Backside of Tri-Fold

I hope that you can see the third panel well enough to read the little history lesson about Texas.  If you click on it, it should enlarge for you.  On this subject, I do have one more thing to share. I found a quote, I would like to share with you. It is from state historian, Light Cummins, an Austin College history professor. It is this...
"The independent spirit that reigned on the Texas frontier during the era of the Texas Revolution can still be seen today throughout the state. Texans today pride themselves on being independent, hardworking, innovative and no-nonsense people, all of which is reflected in our view of those who participated in the Texas Revolution."
Thanks Mr. Cummins ... well said!

Recipe:

Paper - Stripes by Creative Imaginations, Cardstock White, Red, Blue, Chipboard numbers from unknown (in the stash)
Stamps - Birthday Cake by Verve stamps, Texas on Cake by Deadbeat Designs, Celebrate by Limited Edition (know this is old because they have been out of business for a long time)
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Stickles, Classic Circle, Lacey Circle, Scalloped Rectangle Nestibilities, Cuttlebug Polka Dot embossing folder, Texas Punch by Punch Bunch
Other - Ribbon by $1 Target bin, Rhinestones by Queen & Co.

Make sure you find the Texas Tues-Step team member on the right side of my blog.  Check out the blogs of  Danielle, Jennifer, Karen, and Mark.  And later today, Betty's.  And remember to leave comments, we all love to hear from you!

See you tomorrow!  Happy Birthday Texas! 
Happy Stamping!
Tina

 

4 comments:

Eileen said...

Great job!!

mark said...

great idea! glad you found some inspiration at googly eyes... check out day 3 (i think) of the 6 tags of texas for something i stole - was inspired by - from you!

ellepaulette said...

Love this! What an inspiring project!

Jennifer Moore said...

This is awesome Tina! What a neat little project. I love the sparkle on the front panel and how cool that you had some perfect photos to add to it.

 
design by suckmylolly.com