Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Time's Fun when You're Having Flies!

Hello!  I do have a card for you today but this post is really about ribbon!  Yes, ribbon!  You see a few years ago, I purchased a ribbon keeper to house all my ribbons.  You can see the one I have here.  At the time, I thought it would be a perfect solution.  And, I spent a couple of days pulling all my ribbon pieces thru the holes.  But ... over time, the pieces have come out of the holes, and then when you look inside the zippered compartment, all you see is a big mess.  So, time for a new idea!  I decided to go simpler... popsicle sticks, double sided tape to hold the getting started point, and straight pen to hold it all together after the wrapping is done.  I also found out that I have tons of beautiful ribbons, many that I don't use as much as I used to.  I do know the reason why.  You see, when I still had my store, most of the cards I created were made with lots of solid papers and stamped designs so that I could use multiple color ribbons.  The way I make cards now, which don't get me wrong, I do love, but now I use lots of scrapbook papers that are already multiple colors, leading me to need solid ribbon colors.  So today, I used a beautiful multiple color ribbon for my card!  I can do it!  And now, that I can more easily see what I do have, I will try to do this more!  One more note, I found I have over 225 different ribbons!  Can we say ... sickness!  Of course, you are reading my blog, so I know you have this same sickness!  Let's get to my card and then I have some pics of all the ribbon rolled on the popsicle sticks.  Enjoy!


This set of stamps I purchased at January's first stamp convention and I am so glad I finally got the chance to ink them up!  I have another couple of ideas with them, so you will probably see them again soon!  I used a sketch from Mojo Monday that I don't think I have ever done.  See the sketch here.  Don't you love the saying?

Recipe:

Paper - Green Pattern by Doodlebug Designs, Cardstock White, 2 Greens, Wine, Yellow
Stamps - Endless Creations
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Classic Circle, Lacey Circle Nestibilities, Cuttlebug Seeing Spots, Cuttlebug Polka Dots, Sizzix Basic Grey Snow Flowers Embossing Folders
Other - Ribbon by May Arts, Rhinestones by Hero Arts


Now, let's get to the ribbon pics...


3 Drawers Full


Drawer of Black, Brown, White, Beige


Drawer of Blue, Green, Purple



Drawer of Red, Pink, Orange, Yellow

Now, will I like how I have them in the 3 drawers?  Don't know yet, but for now, that is the plan.  I do have quite a number of ribbons that were in lengths less than 1 yard, that I think I will pull thru the holes of that original bag!  It will be the place I will go to first, and then if I don't have something that will work there, then I will go to the drawers.  I have about 5 rolls of ribbon that had more than 3 yards on them that I have decided to not unroll but keep in a separate basket nearby.  So, that is my ribbon and my ribbon plan.  Thanks so much for letting me share! 

I hope to get another card finished so I can share that with you tomorrow.

Happy Stamping!
Tina







0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com