Friday, March 25, 2011

O Lord, My Glory!

Hello!  As I promised yesterday, I am back with another Viva laVerve sketch challenge creation.  This one is for week 4 which you would think, would mean I have now done all the March sketches.  But, I see they are having 5 this month, so I will be anxiously waiting for the 5th sketch so I can complete this month's challenge!  For today's card, I went with one of the beautiful scriptures from Verve.  I love all of them.  I think, they are perfect cards to have on hand for many occasions, especially a thinking of you or a sympathy card.  The main change I made to the week 4's sketch is the fact that their sketch is for a square card, and I did an A-2 size card.  You will see other than that, I followed the sketch pretty close.  Let's show you my card and then the sketch.  Enjoy!



As you know, my favorite things to add to all my cards are some kind of bauble, whether it be a button, a rhinestone, a pearl or a combination of them.  But, this part is always decided on after the card is created.  I have a whole basket full of these bauble items and I dig thru my basket looking for the perfect addition for my card.  Sometimes, this addition totally transforms my card, like today's card.  Before I added those large rhinestone baubles, the card was pretty, but after?  Very striking!  When it comes to paper piecing flowers, I love these.  What do you think about my card, do you love it?
Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Stella & Rose -Hazel 6 x 6 pad (can't keep my hands out of these pads ... love, love them!), Cardstock White, Aqua, Pearlescent Peach by TPC
Stamps - Verve -Sentiment Plain Jane, Flowers from Fancy Florals Remixed
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Sizzix BasicGrey Diamonds embossing folder
Other - Rhinestones from K & Co.

I wanted to point out that I added a feature to my blog.  I added a search tool.  Say, you were interested in seeing my other posts that I used Verve stamps on, you could put "Verve" in the search box and it would show you links of my posts that I talked about Verve.  Pretty cool, huh?  I hope you will find this tool to be helpful.

See you tomorrow.
Happy Stamping!
Tina


0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com