Friday, December 23, 2011

Pink & Greeen!

Happy Day before Christmas Eve!  I can't believe Christmas is just about upon us.  There are a few things to be done here before the family comes, but I wanted to share two more cards I made.  Pink & Green, yes those colors you could say are two of my favorites, but when I think of the color pink by itself, I think of my mom, her favorite!  And then green, well, that is definitely my hubby's favorite.  Both cards were put together with no sketch in mind, which as I look at them now, is probably why I really am not crazy about either one.  They are o.k. and they will have to do!  Let me show you and you can be the judge.  Enjoy!

Another card with my favorite 2011 set.  This time I used a couple of the embellishments for the ornament.  I like this one pretty good.  What do you think?

Recipe:
Paper - Ornaments were Imaginisce (in my stash, I think from last year), Pink is from Pink Paislee Snow Day line (backside), Cardstock White, Red
Stamps - My Favorite Things Ornament Set, Mom is from Verve
Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Ink Barn Door Red
Tools - Spellbinders Scalloped Oval, Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss Folder, Stampin' Up Tag Punch
Other - Ribbon, Dot Sparkler Stickers from Stampendous, Rhinestones from Queen & Co.

Next ...
 


This is the one I am not that crazy about.  I think the candy cane girl is cute, though!  I love her in her lime green coat!  I added the jingle bell embellishment that's fun, but doesn't really go with the theme of the card.  The green stripe on the card is actually a vertical stripe just like the red is, but I turned the paper and cut it so the stripes would appear diagonal.  The problem with what I did is that I made my panel too small, so instead of redoing it, I added the bigger white panel behind.  Not sure I like it.  What do you think?
Recipe:
Paper - Both Striped paper, red and green are from Canvas Corp, Cardstock Green, White, Silver Glitter Paper
Stamps - A la Mode Candy Cane Kisses from My Favorite Things
Ink - Memento Black
Tools - MFT Scalloped border die, Spellbinders Labels 18 & Petite Oval, Jingle Bell die from Memory Box
Other - Rhinestones from Queen & Co., Ribbon from $1 bargain bin at Hobby Lobby

Here are a couple of pics from Christmas at my house:

This is my Santa collection.  If I don't get out anything else, I must get out my Santa collection. 

And the next pic is our tree, all lit up.
 

Pretty, huh?  

I will be back tomorrow for the Saturday share.  Both Debbie and I have a Christmas card for you.  I am kinda happy to say, it's the last Christmas card for this year!  Next on my agenda, sometime next week, I have to clean up my room.  It looks like a tornado hit it!  And, I can put all my Christmas stamps and papers away for another year.  That makes me happy!  Because that means, I can stamp other things, like a bunch of sets I have acquired in  in the last few months, that have been sitting and waiting for me!  All the new got put on the back burner, when there were so many holiday cards to make for the last 3 months!  Plus, the first two weekends in January, there are two stamp conventions, so you know I will pick up new things to show you from those!  And, if I have the time next week, I need to get my next class samples done.  I have been asked to teach the desk calendars and planners like the ones I made and gave to my friends. 

See you tomorrow!  Happy Stamping!
Tina 

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com