Saturday, December 24, 2011

Saturday's Sketch Share!

Happy Christmas Eve!  Traditionally, my family (my parents, my mom's 5 sisters and their hubby's, and me)always got together at my aunt's house on Christmas Eve, cooked the big dinner (turkey and dressing with all the trimmings), and opened all the presents.  And then on Christmas, Santa came at my house, and then we were back to the aunt's house for leftovers and enjoying the day together.  As a grown up, some years, the tradition continued where the main Christmas celebration was on Christmas eve, but this year, the celebration will be tommorrow with family, Gary's daugter and son, the son n law, and two of the grandkids.  A small group but a great dinner planned: spinach salad with strawberries, steaks, twice baked potatoes, and asparagus ... yum, yum! 

O.k. let's get to today's share.  I will be showing you my card, Debbie's card and the sketch.  This is Donna's week to participate, but she got a "pass" because her son is home this week and this will be the last time she will get to see him before he leaves for Afganistan in March.  He is a Marine.  And my Godson, who I am very proud of!  Today's cards ... enjoy!
  

My Card

Debbie's Card


The Sketch

Yes, I went with a square this time.  I wanted to do a little take-off of one of the tags I made in my tag class, and I knew I would need a bigger space for my reindeer to fit, so I had to go with the square choice.  The sketch has a square where the main image goes.  I contemplated about putting a square here that would cover up so much of the paper, but in the end, I love my idea of adding the vellum square, embossed in snowflakes behind the reindeer!  Don't you?

Debbie and I are taking next week off of doing the shares, but I will be back one day next week to show you my favorite cards I made in 2011!

I hope you have the merriest of Christmases! 
Tina

P.S. Happy Stamping! 

1 comments:

JohnD said...

Tina,
I love your blog. Very original work.
Love,
John Charles

 
design by suckmylolly.com