Monday, December 19, 2011

Wishing You Peace, Joy & Cheer!

Hello ... again!  I promised myself that Sunday (yesterday) would be my last day to make cards.  And that no matter, if I felt I had more to do or not, I would stop and do my other holiday duties which I put on hold, like decorating the house, wrapping gifts, etc.  So, this card is it!  The card count from the last post was at 43 and when you add the 8 I made of the card I will be showing in this post, it makes the total 51!  Not the total I hoped for, but not bad either!  Normally, I make one religious design, and I was thinking I would still do that, but no, I am stopping!  I still need to make some kind of money holder to send cash to the grandkids in Arkansas and if I do anymore cards I won't  have time to get these done too!  Now, let me show you my card.  I absolutely love it  ... I hope will too!  Enjoy!


Before I give you the details on this card, I want to tell you about how I almost didn't get to create with this new set I got.  Remember I made a tag with this set when I first got it?  See it here.  I took this set of stamps to show my friends the day I taught my class, then when I got home, I searched high and low but couldn't find my stamps.  Well, thanks to a very good friend, who also bought the set,  but didn't think she was going to be using it for this year's cards, sent me her set!  Another friend has since found my set in her stuff from the class, which solves the mystery!  Yea!  And, I got to make a card with the set!  And I am so glad I did.  On the tag I made, I used several of the stamps to create stamped patterns on the ornaments, but this time, I just used the die cuts to die cut pattern papers for my ornaments.  And speaking of papers, you know how there are so many lines out there, so that often times, your card gets made with papers from all the same paper line, well, for this card, different paper companies were combined to make my card come together!  I had picked out the stripe paper (see it on the small panel at the bottom of the card) and found all the other papers to create the ornaments to match.  I accidentally flipped over the stripe paper panel, and it showed the holly leaves, and I thought, oh my ... that goes really well, too, so I switched gears, and created the card using both the holly and the stripes!  The only disadvantage was that it took more paper, thus yielding less cards.  But I do love it, how about you?

Recipe:
Paper - October Afternoon Holiday Style line: Snowflake Ornament is backside of City Sidewalks, Holly and Stripes from Holly Jolly, the two other ornaments were from Echo Park Holly Jolly Christmas 6 x 6 pad, the light blue background panel behind ornaments is backside of Bo Bunny from Blitzen line, Silver Shimmer Cardstock for ornament toppers, Cardstock Cream, Rose Red, Olive Green
Stamps - My Favorite Things Ornament Stamp & Die Set
Ink - Memento Black
Tools - My Favorite Things Ornament Die Set, Oval Tab, Martha Stewart scallop border punch
Other - Gelly Roll Glitter pen, Linen Thread from The Cat's Pajamas, Sheer Ribbon from May Arts, Rhinestones from Queen & Co.

O.k. that is all from me you are going to get today!  I will be back in my room later making some money holders and I will show you those tomorrow or the next day!  Thanks for reading the 5 posts I had for you today!  Now let's go enjoy some holidays!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com