Monday, December 19, 2011

Santa's Little Helper!

Next ... Yes, I am on blog post number four for today, showing you my holiday card creations.  For several of my cards this year, I have used either images I have stamped off or die cuts that I borrowed from a friend's haul!  Love my friends and love my friends who share my addiction and let me borrow their stuff!  Today's image is one of the new images from Verve this year.  Let's get to my card, so you can see!  Enjoy!


The day I was doing all the stamping off of this cute image, I also stamped off on some green dot paper originally thinking that I would paper piece his front middle section, but then when I actually got down to creating, I didn't like the way the green looked.  So, I went looking thru my papers and came up with a 6 x 6 pad I got last year and knew it would be perfect.  It just goes to show you that it is very hard to decide on coloring until the layout is created and the papers picked.  Because I was working with a 6 x 6 pad, I had to use a few different paper combinations to be able to make as many cards as possible, but all are similar to this one.  Did you see the jingle bell die I added as an embellishment?  I originally thought of stringing the whole line across the top of the card, but in the end, I decided to just add a piece for an accent.  I really love this card!  What do you think?

Recipe:

Paper - Basic Grey Jovial 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock White, Red
Stamps - Verve Stamps
Ink - Memento Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circle, Classic Circle, Memory Box Jingle Bells die
Other - Ribbon by My Minds Eye, Rhinestones, Ranger Stickles Red

Christmas card count: Total 43!  I was so happy I got 8 out of this 6 x 6 pad!

Look for another post ...coming! 
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com