Thursday, October 13, 2011

Got Pink, Dorothy?

Hello!  Warning, my card today has lots and lots of PINK!  Today is my mom's 96th birthday!  And, she loves pink.  I realize I could have just given her any card in my stash and she would not have known.  But, sometimes, I feel that my cards are like a gift from my heart, so I decided to make one just for her.  It is pink, but there is a lot of details too!  Let me show you ... enjoy!
 



I decided to make this one an easel card, so she could leave it out on her table.  See all the detail?  There is a lot of stuff she can take apart!  She has disassembled cards I have given her in the past.  But, I think that might not happen now, as she doesn't get up and around without help now.  She has been having a lot of confusion, as her Alzheimer's has definitely advanced.  Every time I go to the nursing home, I have my fingers crossed that it will be a day that she knows me.  But, it is hard, as conversations are less and less.  That is why I think she deserves a pretty card and the pretty pink flowers I will be picking up at the florist on my way!  Happy Birthday, Dorothy, aka my Mom!

Recipe:
Paper - My Minds Eye Lost and Found Two Blush 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock Pink
Stamps - My Favorite Things Crazy for Daisies PI (I don't know if you happen to notice, but the flowers she holds on the stamp are taller, I made the daisy bunch smaller ... accidentally cut too close, when I was trimming ... but for this layout, I think I like the bunch smaller ... can we say, happy mistake?), Birthday sentiment on easel by Printworks
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Copic for facial
Tools - Marvy Corner Rounder, My Favorite Things Die-namics Double Scallop Border, Upsy Daisy die set
Other - Rhinestones by Queen & Co., small pearl for dress, Grosgrain Ribbon

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com