Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween ...2 More!

Hello!  I  have two more Halloween cards for you today.  Both were made for specific people in mind.  The first one I made for a friend that I have known for almost 40 years ... that makes me feel old ... anyway, she loves the vintage look and a while back I picked up a paper that had this little scene on it of vintage Halloween kids, thinking maybe I could create a card with it.  I didn't quite know what to put with it, so I ended up just using it as a printed panel, and then added my Halloween part to it.  Let me show you so you can see what I mean ... enjoy!


It's kinda different, but I actually like it!  The stars on the panel were a perfect place to add some ghosts.  What do you think?

The second one I am going to give to my hubby.  I have this 6 x 6 pack of Halloween paper from Best Creation, and in it was these two decorated big round scallop circles that I originally thought about making into a big round card, but I decided it wasn't heavy enough cardstock to really make it work, and in my creating process, I got an idea and cut it in half, immediately realizing that if the new idea didn't work, the original idea was now gone forever.  So, guess what?  I made the new idea work!  The circle cut in half was too large so I cut it down more and ended up using two halfs on a square card.  Adding my little vampire stamp with a sentiment on his cape and we are happy.  Let me show and you can be the judge!  Enjoy!

 


What do you think?  I like it, square card and all!  Inside, I used the sentiment "Boo-Frickety-Hoo" and added under it "I-Love-You"!  It rhymes!  Fun!

Recipe Card #1:

Paper:  Vintage panel by Jenni Bowlin Studio Halloween 2011 Mini Pattern Sheet, Orange Dot by The Girls Paperie (my stash), Cardstock White, Black
Stamps - Sentiment by Rubbernecker
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Halloween die by Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circle, Classic Circle, Martha Stewart iron gate border punch
Other - Gelly Roll Glitter pen, Ribbon by May Arts, Black Pearls by Queen & Co.

Recipe Card #2:

Paper - Best Creations Inc. 6 x 6 Paper pack, Black Spider paper by unknown from my stash, Cardstock White, Black
Stamps - Vampire Dude and Sentiment from Rubbernecker
Ink  - Memento Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Copic for skin
Tools - Spellbinders Classic Circle
Other - Ribbon by May Arts, Rhinestones, Gelly Roll Glitter pen

Tomorrow I will have my last Halloween card to show you for the Saturday Sketch share.  I have to say that I have totally enjoyed making all these fun Halloween cards!  And, I don't need to buy anymore Halloween paper next year ... yea, sure ... you know that will happen! 

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com