Tuesday, March 26, 2013

In the Garden of Life!

Hello!  I love the way today's card came out.  I used another of the sets I got at the scrapbook convention from Rubbernecker and I used a sketch from Mojo Monday from their 2009 sketch book.  I am not sure I have ever done this sketch, but I love it.  Let me show you.  Enjoy!
 
 

See what I mean?  Such a simple sketch, but it really has a lot of interest.  The flowers come in a 3 part set.  First, you have the outline which I stamped in black, and then you have 3 solid flowers which I stamped in ink and spritzed with a little water before stamping, and then the leaves are also solid which I did the same way, inked and spritzed.  Both I stamped over the top by just guessing, as you can see they are not perfectly lined up, but I like this effect.  I guess if you really wanted it to be exact, you would have to use a stamp positioner, but fortunately, I didn't have to go that route, since I like the effect.  The flowers are a little more yellow than they appear here.  They are closer to the color of the ribbon, so it all matches.  What do you think?  Do you like this one?

Recipe:
Paper - Fancy Pants Designs Park Bench 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock White, Black
Stamps - Rubbernecker Sketch Poppies set
Ink - Memento Black, Marvy Matchables Brilliant Yellow, Carribean Blue (just a touch of this on the leaves to make it match the paper), Jungle Green
Tools - Spellbinders Classic Circle, Classic Scallop Circle
Other - Black Pearls, Ribbon by American Crafts

Right now I am going to write my post for tomorrow, as in the morning it will be a mad rush for me to get everything finished and packed in the car and to drive to Waxahachie for my class. 

On another note, I just found out how much I sold at the garage sale last weekend.  I don't know if I told you, but there were ton more stamps this time, than last and so maybe, that is why my take (after the store's percentage) is only $63!  YUK!  Oh, well, that is $63 more than I had before, right?  I had all the sets of 5 to 10 stamps marked $5, maybe next time $3 or if I can talk myself into it ... $1???  We'll see!  I mean it was hard for me to go down to $5 this time, but I am getting tired of hauling the stuff back and forth, and after all, this is ex-imprints inventory, not my personal stash stuff.  Thanks for letting me vent here!

See you tomorrow!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com