Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Monochromatic Poppies!


Hello! I have something new to show you today. All over Pinterest and the blogs, I have seen the poppy die from Memory Box. Oh, and I believe Debbie used it sometime last year on one of the Saturday's posts. Well, I decided I needed to "own" it and so I got it at the first stamp convention in January but just now getting around to playing with it. The idea I saw is how they die cut out of pattern paper, so now you have two things, a die cut with pattern paper and also, the opening of the paper where the paper was removed from the die cut. So, I did both ways. Today's card is the die cut out of pattern paper.  Let me show you ... enjoy!
 
 

I didn't want it to pop up over the white panel, so I die cut the white panel, which gave me a white poppy die cut which I used for card number 2 which you will see tomorrow.  The opening the die cut left, I put the pattern paper one in, so it looks seamless!  I have to say, the blue monochromatic thing began as a "happy mistake", as I just picked a paper, any paper, to die cut the poppies to see how they would look.  And I liked it!  Even though ... blue poppies?  No rules, right?  I do like the look of monochromatic cards, and so I went with it.  And made a simple card too!  Do you like it, blue poppies and all?

Recipe:
Paper - Echo Park For the Record 2 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock Blue, White
Stamps - Inky Antics Simple Sentiments
Ink - Marvy Matchable Blue
Tools - Memory Box Prim Poppy die
Other - Rhinestones by Queen & Co, Ribbon


Come back tomorrow to see what I did with the die cut poppy I got from the white cardstock.
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com