Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Be My Love Monkey!

Here is my Valentine as promised! In a couple of days, when I am sure my friends have received their thank you's I made, I will show you those cards! I bought the heart shaped nestiblillites at least a year ago, but I rarely use them. With Valentine's day approaching, I wanted to get them out and make an actual shaped card out of the dies. I had to play with it a little to get it placed correctly so that there was enough of the curve of the heart at the top to make it still look like a heart but still have a folded heart card. I believe the picture below shows where the cardstock was folded and where the die was placed. You see the die comes just slightly above the fold of the red cardstock.

As for the rest of my card, I decided to go with my new DeNami stamps of the monkey, the vine and the banana bunch. Behind the red foldover I added a larger scalloped die in white and tiny red embellishments on each scallop curve. And then the smaller scallop heart in front of the red base. I had planned to cut the monkey's arms out of another stamped piece, and glue them on top to really make it look like he was holding the heart. But, I just couldn't make it look right, so I decided to just pop the heart up on top with some foam tape. It works. I added stickles glitter glue to the leaves and the bananas. And, a little clear glitter to the outline of the heart. The inside stamp "be my love monkey" is a stamp from The Cat's Pajamas. Enjoy ...



That's it for today! Tomorrow I will have the first of the two thank you cards I made and sent this week. Happy Stamping! Tina

1 comments:

Jean said...

Cute card. I love these little creatures - they always make such fun cards!

 
design by suckmylolly.com