Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Black & White

Today's card is one I made and sent on Monday to a friend. I decided to go with the Black & White color theme with the dash of red because that is a reflection of how she furnishes her home. So to me it looked like her. I use my nestiblities all the time, almost every time I make a card but I have never used the blossom dies as the actual flower layers. But, a while back I saw someone do this very thing with the Dahlia dies on their blog. I first had two different pattern papers for the layers, but I soon found out it made it look too busy to do it that way. I ended up adding black cardstock for the in between layers and that really made it pop! All pattern paper shown is from one 12 x12 from Daisy Bucket. I think it's from their little black dress line. I remembered I had just the one sheet, I got from...who knows. Lucky me I actually was able to find it in my stash to use for this black and white card! For the leaves I used a great stamp from Magenta. The Thank You is a Hero Arts stamp. The border punch is a new one from the Martha Stewart line. How do you like my black and white with a little red card?

It just goes to show you, even the simplest colors can make a handmade card special! See ya tomorrow! Happy Stamping! Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com