Friday, February 5, 2010

Over the Hill!

Today I am taking another break from Valentine's. My friend that I have known since 7th grade is having a birthday. Not just any birthday. It is her 50th! Which means, just like every year, her birthday is in February and just 3 short months from now is my 50th! I can hardly believe it! I figured I should play up the over the hill thing. Yes, I know there will be paybacks ... I am o.k. with that! I looked online for humorous birthday quotes and found several that I liked. So, that lead me to a dilemma of which to pick for the inside of my card. I got to thinking maybe I cold make a specialty type card so I could have a place for more funny quotes. I decided to go with a Tri-Shutter card. I have never made one of these but I have always wanted to. It was super simple especially after I looked at a tutorial on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su-3T3sd4r0 Hopefully, this link will take you there! My one main image is from Art Impressions. She is a great old lady with her walker. My favorite is the socks she is wearing. Remember the ones with the pom poms on the heel? I haven't seen any of those in a while!She was such a large image, I had to use my very largest oval shaped nestibillites. Because of that, there was not a larger one to layer behind. I added a color oval in the same size, leaving just a peek of the color on the left hand side. Each panel I layered a color cardstock piece and then another black cardstock piece. On all the black cardstock pieces, I clear embossed a candle image from Penny Black. (Versamark ink and Clear Embossing Powder) I printed 4 funny sayings onto cardstock. I used one sticker and 3 stamps. I want to share the pics of my card first. But be sure to scroll down and I will tell you the funny sayings that were included!
Above is the front of the card. And below shows the opened card.

Above shows the middle panel with two of the three stamps I used. And below is a close up of the embossed candles.

Now for the over the hill sayings ...

You're somewhere between the Young and the Restless and the Old and the Senseless.

Do you know what they call People of your Age? OLD!

Looking 50 is great - if you are 60!

You know you are OLD when you can laugh, cough, sneeze, and pee all at the same time!

Hilarious! I hope you had fun and enjoyed my card creation! Happy Stamping! Tina

1 comments:

Milnie said...

wow! great card Tina! love the shape and the image is awesome!

hugs

 
design by suckmylolly.com