Thursday, February 25, 2010

You Hoo!

Hello! I have some really cool pictures to share with you that I took on our property a few days ago. My husband and I could see from our porch something inside one of the bird houses, but was surprised by what we found after a closer look. An owl! And with a little Internet research, I believe it is an eastern screech owl. It said they often nest in man made nest boxes in wooded areas. Which is exactly correct in this case. I was inspired to create my card today from this find. But first, here are the pictures of "our" owl!


I have decided I like working with the sketch challenges from various blogs. On Monday, the Mojo Monday blog posted their new weekly challenge. This time you could create a round or a square card, your choice. Follow this link to see the sketch -
http://www.mojomonday.blogspot.com/
I decided to go with the round sketch and use my owl pics as my inspiration. Here is my card ...


How do you like my little owl peeking out? A couple of things to talk about with this card. When you are making a shaped card using the nestibilites, you aline your foldover crease just inside the shape before sending it through the die cut machine. When it comes out, however, it has a straight top where the crease was, so to alleviate this look, I used the same color cardstock and ran it thru with the same size die and glued that over the top of the card so from the front it looks like a full scalloped circle. I hope that makes sense. The ribbons gave me a little bit of a hard time, even though you really can't tell it from the picture. I guess because I was attaching them behind a circle shape instead of a square one. It was a fun card to create! Hope you enjoyed it!

Recipe:

Paper - Basic Grey Indian Summer, Cardstock Dark Brown & Pink
Ink - Versafine Vintage Sepia
Stamps - Hero Arts wood backround stamp, Hero Arts Mini Clear Owl set
Die Cuts, Punches - Nestibilites Scallop Circle, Circles, Square, Stampin Up Word Punch for sentiment.
Other - Cuttlebug folder (leaf and branches - used on pink panel but doesn't show up very well), Creative Impressions ribbon, Hero Arts Rinestones

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Donna said...

I LOVE this card! Soooo cute! Great job Tina. And I love you're little friends in the bird house too! Donna

 
design by suckmylolly.com