Monday, February 1, 2010

Valentine Skunk!

February is here so I have decided from now until Valentine's Day, I will be making valentine cards for you! (and me!) Today's card is using a clear set from The Cat's Pajamas. The layout combines a couple of ideas I have seen on the blogs. I love the idea of laying the heart nestibillites sideways to house the central image. In this case, the skunk. The blog I saw this on had made a square card and used the larger heart dies, but I would rather make the A-2 size cards, if possible. I had fun looking through my stamps trying to figure out what would "sit" in the open heart space. I think the skunk is perfect, especially since it came with the words " Just sitting here stinking!" "About You!" I stamped out a small Hero Arts heart and cut it out for my skunk to hold. Oh, one more thing ... do you see how I was able to stamp my sentiment to just fit the shape of the heart? I was able to do that because these stamps were from a clear polymer set. So, I shaped the words on the acrylic block before I stamped them. Cool! I hope you enjoy my first Valentine card for you....


See ya tommorow with another Valentine! Happy Stamping!

Tina

P.S. In last Thursday's post, I told you that I would be moving my mom to a new nursing home ... I just wanted to let you know the move went good. And she seems to be adjusting well. Thanks for all your prayers.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com