Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

I have one more official Valentine card for you today. I say official because I believe you might see more hearts in the weeks ahead but in birthday or thinking of you cards. Today's card I made for my hubby, Gary. I had already made one frog card, which I considered giving him. But, in the end, I decided he should have one made just for him! Looking through my frog stamps (why frogs? Not sure exactly. We kid about the frog, prince thing with each other and frogs are green and that is his favorite color. I guess that is why!) Anyway, in my frog stamps, I find this one from a stamp company long gone called Toad Hall/Rubber Anarchy. Just to give you an idea about how long I have had this stamp...when I first opened my store in 1995, I decided to give each stamp a letter and a number on their sticker. I thought there was no way possible that I would ever carry more than 26 stamp companies! Duh! That proved, of course, to be very wrong. Not only did I carry more than 26 companies, but many went away, and many new ones were begun. So, this stamp still has a label on it with T12. I believe this endeavor of giving out alphabet letters was discontinured by me after about 6 months! O.k. back to my card. The red heart paper is from a $1 pack I purchased in Target's dollar bin. And the green is scrapbook paper by Bo Bunny. I used a border of silver scalloped stickers from Stampendous and added Hero Arts red heart embellishments to the sticker holes. Plus, a little ribbon accent by May Arts. As far as the sentiment stamps, My Sweetie is from The Cats Pajamas, and the Always & Forever is from one of the $1 Studio G clear sets. I love the way it came out!


I also want to show you the inside because of the inside sentiment. This is not a stamp. I saw this sentiment somewhere like almost a year ago and I wrote it down and stuck the paper in my wallet. Found it again in my wallet a while back. Thought of it last night again when I was making my card. When I pulled it out this morning, I thought. wow, that goes so well with the card I made! So, I printed it out on the computer and added it to the inside papers. Sorry I scanned it crooked. Don't you love the sentiment below?


Have a great day! Happy Stamping! Tina

2 comments:

Jean said...

I like it! In my wallet now. :)

Kimberly said...

Super cute card and image! Thank you for telling me about the "Crystal Effects" product. I'll be hunting it down this week!!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com