Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hello from the Heart!

Today's card is not exactly a Valentine, but I did use a Hero Arts word stamp that includes the "heart" word and there is one strip of pattern paper with hearts ...so, it could be for Valentine's Day. I did this card today for another purpose! For a while now, I have been thinking of joining one of the online sketch challenges. That is where on various sites they post a sketch in gray tones and you create a card with that particular layout. Every Monday, a new weekly sketch gets posted from http://www.mojomonday.blogspot.com/. I decided to just jump in and take the challenge! So, today's card will get submitted to their site! I like my card. I always hope you like my card. Now I hope they do! Here it is...


A little about the card... The paper is by My Minds Eye and it is called Be Loved. It really isn't the colors I usually pick out when looking at papers but I love papers that coordinate with each other in the same color theme and these papers had stripes, swirls, and hearts. It just dosen't get any better than that! My main image is Flowahbella. who before today had never been inked! She is too fun not to get stamped! In my paper flower collection at home, I have mostly bright colors, which makes sense, since I tend to use bright colors alot. But in this case, I needed flowers that were more muted. The two layered flowers are actually stickers from Martha Stewart's line. Stickers are something I rarely use, but I love the added effect this gives the whole card! The baubles are light green pearls from Hero Arts.

That is it for today. Happy Stamping! Tina

1 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a sweet little card. Love flowahbella and that darling sentiment. Thanks for playing! :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com