Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Blessed Birthday!

Sorry I did not get a card posted yesterday. No stamping by me over the weekend. Saturday night I attended my high school bash for our birthdays because you see this is the year we all turning the big 5-0! It was alot of fun and I enjoyed seeing everyone. Now let's get to today's card. Going through all the blogs I look at, I found a different sketch challenge than the one I have done before. This one is at www.kgiron.blogspot.com and it is called Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. I decided to try it. Here is the sketch ...



I loved it right away because of the multiple strips of paper. I hope you are not getting tired of me using the mat pad from My Minds Eye. I know this is the third card I have used it on, but I just had to use it for this one because all the colors blend so well! Can you read the sweet sentiment? It says "A life richly blessed is one encircled by true friends." On the actual stamp, the sentiment is stamped twice making it a full circle, but because I was layering the birthday stamp on top, I masked off the second one and only stamped the one at the top. I don't think I have ever stamped a sentiment on top of another like I did for this card. But I really like the look. In the sketch, it shows a circle, but I used the dahlia shape for added interest. Enjoy ...

Recipe:

Paper- My Minds Eye Home Collection, Cardstock peach and cream
Stamps - A life richly blessed...by Morning Star, Happy Birthday by Stampendous (found on a clear set. One note - the happy birthday was in a straight line, I cut the two words apart so that I could stamp it vertically)
Ink - Versafine Black
Punches, Die Cuts - Nestibilities Dahlia dies 2 sizes, Nestibilities Circle dies 2 sizes
Other - Hero Arts light green pearls

I will have two cards for you tomorrow - see you then!
Happy Stamping! Tina





1 comments:

Lea L. said...

Very pretty card!! I love the colors and papers you used! Great job with the sketch!

♥♥♥Lea

 
design by suckmylolly.com