Thursday, February 18, 2010

Butterfly Wishes!

For today's card, I wanted to go with some softer colors than I have the past couple of days. I found this very pretty yellow scrapbook paper and decided it would make a good choice for the day. This layout is a repeat of the Mojo Monday layout I used last week. But, it goes to show you that you can use the exact same layout but change the papers, the colors and the embellishments and it will look totally different. Scroll down to February the 11th if you need to refresh your memory of the card I am speaking of. I am not sure that in scanning the card, it shows how the two butterflies are stacked in the center circle. One is adhered to the card and the second is popped up over the first. The antenna is drawn with a pen on the white circle. Something else you probably can't see is that to make each butterfly it was actually a 4 step process. First, I stamped an open design with just the outline onto white cardstock. Next, a solid butterfly was stamped in yellow over the outline. The butterfly was then cut out, and last the swirl design was stamped on top. Here is my card ...


Recipe:

Stamps - Butterfly by Papertrey Ink, Birthday Wishes by DeNami Designs

Paper - Imaginisce - For Peeps Sake line

Punches, Die Cuts, etc. - Spellbinders Circle, Scallop Circle, and Fancy Labels & Martha Stewart border punch

Ink - Versafine Black, and Marvy Matchable Yellow

Other - Swirl Ribbon from Creative Impressions



Thanks for stopping by ... see ya tomorrow! Happy Stamping! Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com