Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Enjoy Moments!

Hello! Today's card was a bit of a challenge for me and out of my box for sure. You see, last Friday, when I was teaching at The Crafty Scrapper I got to talking to Dee Dee, who is an instructor at the store and I think she is the one that hands out the projects to the store's design team. I know they have all been busy making things for their big booth they will have this weekend at the scrapbook convention. She mentioned there was one stamp set that they still needed a card sample for and she commented that cardmaking just wasn't her "thing", so ... I said, give it to me. I will do it. The stamp set is by Maya Road and has old fashioned clocks on it. I will show you the set later in the post. She also gave me some scrapbook paper to use (Simple Stories Summer Fresh line), which is where some of the challenge came in for me. You see, I often find papers to match up with stamps that look challenging, like finding paper that has clocks to tie it all together. But this paper had no clocks. Anyway, challenge or not, I got it done! And even though it is rather "scrapbooky" (new word... hee, hee), I do like it. And I hope you do too. Here it is... enjoy!




And here is the set of stamps:


















Do you see why I said it was "scrapbooky"?  I used some thickers to create the word enjoy and used the bingo cards from one of the papers to add fun and happy.  So with the moments word from the stamp set, I think it says "enjoy fun and happy moments at 5 o'clock", as that is the time I made the alarm clock to say!  Silly, huh?  I added some glossy accents to the top of the clock dial, just for a little interest.  The scallop border is of course, a Die-namics from MFT called Double Scallop Border, and the twine is from The Twinery.  What do you think?  Do you think it is good enough to help sell either the stamp set or the paper?  I hope so!

Scrapbook convention ... yes, that is where I will be tomorrow!  (That is if I can get some antibiotics called in for my swollen face ... tooth abscess ... I know the signs).  I will have the Saturday sketch share ready before I leave so tune in for that on Saturday.  Maybe I will see you tomorrow at the show?  I sure hope so!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

P.S.  I see that this post will be the 20th post for May.  Not too shabby!

1 comments:

voyager said...

Love the card Tina & the stamp set, too!!! Hope u feel better. Toothaches are absolutely no fun what so ever!!
We'll be at the convention on Friday. Look for us if u get to return.
Marlene

 
design by suckmylolly.com