Friday, May 4, 2012

For My Crafty Friend!


Hello! Today I have two cards to show you, well, really one creation, with two looks. This is another stolen idea from Pinterest! O.k. stolen is not the right word ... how about cased? That's better, right? The card I am showing you first is the updated version of the two cards. Unfortunately, I didn't take better pics of the first card that I made with the problems, so you will just have to believe me when I tell you about it and what I did to fix it when I made the second card. So before I get to the explaining, let me show you both cards. Enjoy!


The second card you see above was made out of the pattern paper so it really was not firm enough to suit me.  And, on the backside where all the ribbons come together, I added a rectangle piece of cardstock to cover that part.  Because, the cardstock was different paper than the pattern paper, it stuck out like a sore thumb.  I sent the original card anyway to a good friend that I knew would not mind getting a trial version, at least I hope she didn't!  The second card which I made for another good friend this week (Happy Birthday Teresa!), I made the whole card with heavy cardstock and then just layered the pattern paper only on the front, and the inside ribbons got covered with an additional shaped spool panel.  Much better!  The sentiments I printed on lighter weight cardstock and die cutted them with the Spellbinders dies.  It was a lot of fun to pick and choose different ribbons to add to the cards.  What do you think?  Cute idea?

I will see you tomorrow for the Saturday sketch share!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com