Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!


Today, we honor and remember all men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. 

On a personal note, I got to be in a parade this last Saturday with my friend, Donna and a great group of ladies from Blue Star Mothers.  Donna is a member, as her son, Ryan is in Afghanistan right now.  Ryan is also my godson, so I wanted to participate and do something that shows my support.  The ladies welcomed me, so I proudly wore my I love America T and joined in!  In case, you are not familiar with Blue Star Mothers, it is an organization that is made up of mothers who have children that have served or are serving in the military.  They have monthly meetings where they pray and share support of their children and all of those who are serving.  They also put together care packages that are sent to the troops.  The parade took place in Ennis, TX in conjunction with the National Polka Festival and their Memorial Day celebration.  So, here is the pic of all the ladies from the parade.  We are standing in front of the truck that had flags from all the branches.  So cool!

 



Donna is standing next to me and holding a picture of Ryan.  I do also want to note that a box is set up at The Crafty Scrapper for you to put your donations for the care packages, which are always appreciated. 

Now, I couldn't leave without showing something handmade.  So, I have the pic of the card that Donna made 25 of, to add to the last set of boxes that the Blue Star Mothers put together and sent to our troops.  Here is her card... enjoy!




Happy Memorial Day and remember why we celebrate this holiday!  And do your part to support our troops now!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Donna said...

Love your blog post today! So happy that you enjoyed the parade.

 
design by suckmylolly.com