Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Hello! Today I want to show you the card I made for my mom for Mother's Day. I took it to her this morning along with some pink irises. I didn't get too much response from her about either, other than a slight smile. Frankly, I am not sure she knew who I was. I waited until this afternoon to post, hoping that I could tell you a more positive outcome. I went back and looked at my mom's day post from a year ago. At that time, she had started progressing into the third stage of Alzheimer's but still knew me. Well, a year later, she is considerably worse. But she is 96. Thanks for listening. Let's get on to the pretty card I made. Yesterday, I saw this sketch on Mojo monday as their current challenge, and I decided it would be perfect for my card I had in my head. So, I will also show you the sketch I used. Enjoy!



Of course, it is pink!  It is her favorite color (and mine)!  And oh, how pretty it is!

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Quite Contrary Little Miss Muffett Line: Hello Beautiful and Delight, Cardstock Pink, White, Pink and Green Felt
Stamps - Sentiment by Verve from One Person, Inside sentiment from same set that reads "To the world you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world.  When my mom was more responsive, this sentiment would always make her cry ... she loved it)!
Ink- Versafine Black
Tools - MFT Die-namics Open Scallop Doily Duo (the largest of the two), Prima Donna Petals, Royal Leaves, Spellbinders Classic Circles
Other - Pink Rhinestones

See you soon!  Have a great day!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com