Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Happy Hello!

Darn it, I fell off the wagon.  Wait!  That sound like I am a drinker, and I am not.  What I was talking about was that I had posted a card a day for 12 days in a row before I missed yesterday!  Oh well,  it is not the end of the world.  I think I might need a compromise because the pressure of making sure I have a card every single day, is a lot!  O.k. compromise, it is.  How about at least 5 days every week?  That would be at least 20 posts a month and that would be still more than I had gotten in the habit of doing before I started the every day thing.  It is settled.  Now on to today's card.  Remember last week when I shared several cards with you that I made using the Garden Trellis punch?  Well, I created another one, using the punch in a different way.  Let me show you.  Enjoy!





When I made the class samples for my last class, I originally had stamped this butterfly I used on the third card onto white cardstock before I decided to change and stamp on the natural white color instead.  So, this butterfly was laying on my desk already colored and just waiting to be used.  That is how the colors for the card came about, as I wanted them to match my butterfly.  I used the punch on both the left and right side of the folded card. I added the darker panel underneath the punched out top for contrast.  I knew I wanted a pattern paper for the middle and so I cut a green pattern (actually the backside of the flowers).  By accident, the green flipped over and I saw how the flower paper just made the whole think pop!  Wow!  I love how it all came out, don't you?

Recipe:

Paper - Bella Blvd.  Spring Flings & Easter Things Line:  Mom's Bouquet, Cardstock Aqua, Dark Aqua, White
Stamps - Hero Arts Butterfly Stamp and Die Set, Sentiment from Hero Arts (too!)
Ink - Memento Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Martha Stewart Garden Trellis Punch, Spellbinders Classic Circle, Petite Oval
Other - Rhinestones

See you tomorrow  ... I have one ready for you!
Happy Stamping!
Tina




0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com